Intro to API reference
Yotpo provides a simple and powerful REST API to integrate rewards into your business or application. This API reference provides information on available endpoints and how to interact with them.
We impose a rate limit of 5 requests/second, per merchant on all API requests. You’ll receive a 429 Too Many Requests error message if you reach this limit.
You can check how many requests you have left using the RateLimit-Remaining header. This header is sent in response to your API request.
To avoid rate limit errors, we recommend you follow these best practices:
- Optimize your code to only get the data that your app requires
- Use caching for data that your app uses often
- Regulate the rate of your requests for smoother distribution
- Include code that catches errors. If you ignore these errors and keep trying to make requests, then your app
won’t be able to recover as it should
- To manage your app’s behavior dynamically, be sure to include metadata about your app’s API usage with all
- Optimize your code to stop making additional API requests until enough time has passed to retry